Although your oral health is of utmost importance, it’s not the only thing to consider about your smile. There is a specialized field of dentistry that focuses on giving you the most appealing smile possible for you. Cosmetic dentistry can turn a crooked, discolored, or otherwise unattractive smile into one that you will want to show off.
A relatively new area of dentistry, cosmetic dentists are becoming more and more popular. The goal is to transform your smile into a beautiful one that will last for a lifetime. It is usually not difficult to find a cosmetic dentist by asking friends and family, researching on the internet, or asking your general dentist for suggestions for this type of specialist.
Most cosmetic dentists use the most modern technologies in their offices to provide the most advanced treatment options. Some of the most popular procedures that you can expect a cosmetic dentist to perform include:
- Teeth whitening – brightening the color of your teeth and minimizing stains
- Veneers – attaching porcelain shells to the fronts of your teeth to hide imperfections
- Implants and crowns – restoring missing teeth to improve mouth appearance and function
- Bonding – using composite resin material to repair chips and fill gaps
- Contouring – reshaping the tooth to create a more appealing look
- Braces – straightening your teeth and correcting jaw misalignment
In additional to improving smiles, you can usually expect a comfortable experience at your cosmetic dentist. A number of the common procedures are not painful, but those that do cause discomfort may be aided with sedation techniques. Sedation dentistry is also an option to relax patients who experience anxiety or fear about visiting the dentist. If you are unhappy with your smile, schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist to learn about ways to change your look.
Schedule a consultation today to learn more our Cosmetic Dentistry options at our Fresno dental office.